So it’s no secret that I love Banana Bread, and you know anything with a significant calorie count really… We waste so much food in our house because we travel so much it tends to put me in a bad mood, but we never waste bananas. They can be black as my soul – sitting there on the counter, and I will still use them. I think the reason for that is that I found the very best banana bread recipe EVER, and never will I ever leave a blackened banana behind again. So I was scrolling through my Pinterest one day and I came across a banana bread recipe from http://www.mrbreakfast.com, and I knew I had found it – the best of the best. This recipe only uses staple ingredients, so you will probably have most of them already in your pantry, and it results in some of the tastiest banana bread you could ask for! Not to mention it smells the whole house up with warm banana goodness. What more could you really ask for?
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Time: 1 hour
Yield: One Large 9 1/2 X 5 loaf or four Small 6 X 3 1/4 mini loaves
1 stick of salted butter – slightly softened
1 cup of sugar
2 large eggs – whisked
3 mashed bananas
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips (mini or regular)
1 tablespoon of semi sweet chocolate chips
Banana TIP: Always, ALWAYS, Always use bananas that are starting to brown. I personally wait until mine are black. The sugar builds up in the bananas as they age, so if you wait until you have brown bananas you are going to have a much sweeter bread. ***I think we all get sweeter with age:)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your pans of choice with butter or spray them with Pam for Baking.
- Gather all of the ingredients and mash your bananas (I use a potato masher or a large fork).
- Cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add in your beaten eggs and mashed bananas. Stir/mix on low until combined.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients – 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips in using a rubber spatula.
- If you are using four mini loaf pans divide the batter between them. If using a large loaf pan you can pour it all in one pan. I use mini loaf pans because it is easier to get an even bake.
- Divide and sprinkle the tablespoon of extra chocolate chips on the tops of the pans of batter.9) Bake at 350 degrees (on the middle rack) for 33-38 minutes (Mini Loaves) or 40 to 50 minutes (Large Loaf)10) Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing loaves from baking pans, then allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack or a plate.11) Eat you some warm banana bread and live a happy life:)*Bakers tip: in order to check if your bread is done, you can poke a toothpick in the direct center of the loaf when your timer goes off. If the toothpick comes out clean – looking unchanged, then your bread is done. If the toothpick comes out messy, with bits of bread/batter on it, then your loaf needs a bit longer. This bread should come out a golden brown color when it is finished baking.Disclaimer: This recipe was found and adapted from the recipe found here on https://www.mrbreakfast.com/breakfast/banana-bread-easy-bananas
So I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. It’s painfully easy and a great way to get rid of those old bananas without wasting them. I added a free pinnable recipe card below so you can pin to Pinterest and save for later:) Just hover over the photo below with your cursor or tap with your finger and a “P” will pop up!!